"You did not make me suffer. In fact, you made me really learn.”




 













One of the highlights that I really like during the oral argument between the Justices of the Supreme Court and the legal team representing the House of Representatives was the Supreme Court Justice Ma. Lourdes Sereno's line of questionings that grilled former Supreme Court Justice Serafin Cuevas appearing on behalf of Gutierrez.

Apparently, former Justice Cuevas was the former UP professor of Justice Sereno. The former quips that he never made Justice Sereno suffer during her school days while she was then a mere law student but now she is making him suffer with her line of questioning and she wittily replied asking for forgiveness adding "You did not make me suffer. In fact, you made me really learn.”

I contemplated with this line where most of the time law students would complain and whine how strict and seriously notorious some of their law professors can be. But that is how we learn. Challenge is something that we should welcome since it imbibes in us the spirit of determination to surpass the difficulties of being law students.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eve! I think former Justice CUEVAS is representing the Ombudsman, Merceditas Gutierrez, and not in behalf of congress... =))

    Anyway, I'm affirming your thoughts concerning the many clamors of students when their professors are too strict or too many assignments are given to them. But I personally think that they should complain if the teacher is not doing anything at all!!! hahaha....

    I've been in teaching for 9 years now and I have my share of wicked complaints from students and even their parents..But I did not falter.

    The sweetest thing, though, is when they eventually realize that behind my strictness and overwhelming projects/assignments, they gained a lot...and it has been proven always when they take their National Licensure Examination.

    As my one student have said after his exam "Ma'am, thank you for all your teachings. Even if we complained on your teaching strategies because you will really make us "bleed to death", mas na appreciate ko ngayon and I learned a lot from you...."

    Isn't that heartwarming? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry, typo error hehehe.. You are right, Cuevas is representing Gutierrez. Mislooked that when I wrote this... I have to edit it. Thanks nang Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha another review on my article and I just saw I type Lourder Sereno instead of Lourdes. Tsk tsk tsk...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts